If you use ACS OnDemand, your backups are automatically made each night and stored on the OnDemand server. However, you should perform a manual backup prior to special procedures such as year-end closing, attendance promotion, or merging people records.
You can perform a manual backup of your ACS data with ACS Backup/Restore. A manual backup copies your data and can be restored if a computer or program malfunction occurs.
Saving a manual backup to your hard drive is fine if you're backing up your data before performing certain tasks in ACS (such as Sunday School promotion or Year-End closing procedures). However, we strongly recommend that you frequently back up your dataset on external media and store backup files off-site in case of hardware failure or a natural disaster.
When backing up data using ACS Backup or ACS Scheduled Backup:
- During the backup process, do not shut down or turn off the power to the computer used to back up data.
- Do not log off of the computer at any time during the backup process. You must remain logged in for the backup to process.
- If your computer includes a Hibernate, Sleep, or Stand by option, disable this to maintain your current backup schedule.
- Close all other ACS programs. If any other user is currently logged in to ACS, data files may not back up properly.
- On the Microsoft® Windows® taskbar, click Start > All Programs > ACS Technologies > ACS Tools > ACS Backup.
- Enter your user name and password and click OK.
- Under Data Options, select the backup that you want to perform.
- Under Additional Options, make the appropriate selections.
Verify the backup destination. If necessary, click Lookupto select a different location.
For security reasons, you cannot back up to the WINACS or ACSNET folders.
ACS OnDemand users must back up files to the S:\ACS_Backups folder.
- If you are backing up to a zip disk or a flash drive, insert the disk or drive.
- Click Backup.
- If you selected to change the filename, enter a filename and click OK.
- Optional: When the backup is finished, click Print History to view or print the Backup/Restore Log report.