When trying to e-mail Plain Paper Statements, this error displays:
"An error occurred while communicating with the mail server."
Products affected: Contributions
Versions affected: Any
A couple of reasons this error occurs is because the Statement Link field is incomplete and/or the incorrect account is listed under Manage Accounts.
You need to do the following:
- Enter the statement link information.
- Verify the correct account is selected under Manage Accounts.
To enter Statement Link information and verify the correct account under Manage Accounts
- On the Reports tab, select Contributions in the drop-down list, and click Go .
- Expand Statements and select E-mail Plain Paper Statement.
- Click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, select the Statement Link.
In the Statement Link field, select the Constant Contact field to store the statement URL in.
Select a custom field, such as Custom Field 1. Remember the field's number, because you will need it when you link to the statement in Constant Contact.
- Click Manage Accounts.
- Select the correct Constant Contact account, and click Edit.
- Verify that the Account Name, Constant Contact User Name, and Constant Contact Password information is correct.
- Click Refresh Fields, and click OK.