A message for ACS OnDemand customers
Although ACS OnDemand backups are made each night and stored and maintained for you, we recommend that you perform a manual backup before special procedures such as year-end closing, attendance promotion, or merging people records.
You can manually backup your ACS data with ACS Backup/Restore. A manual backup copies your data which can be restored if a computer or program malfunction occurs.
We recommend that you back up your dataset frequently on external media and store backup files off-site in case of hardware failure or a natural disaster.
During the backup process using ACS Backup or ACS Scheduled Backup:
- Don't shut down or turn off the computer.
- Remain logged in to your computer.
- If applicable, disable the Hibernate, Sleep, or Stand by options on your computer to maintain your backup schedule.
Back up Your Data
- Enter your user name and password and click OK.
- Under Data Options, select the backup that you want to perform.
- Under Additional Options, make the appropriate selections.
Verify the backup destination. If necessary, click Lookup to select a different location.
Do not back up to the WINACS or ACSNET folders.
ACS OnDemand users must back up files to the S:\ACS_Backups folder.
- If you are backing up to a zip disk or a flash drive, insert the disk or drive.
- Click Backup.
- If you selected to change the filename, enter a filename and click OK.
Optional: When the backup is finished, click Print History to view or print the Backup/Restore Log report.