When registering for an event, several options may display if your organization has them selected.
Registering yourself or others
You can register yourself for the event, or (if the option is available) family members or guests. You do not have to register yourself for the event to register others for the event.
Depending on how the event was set up, you may have the option to select different registration periods, or be required to pay a deposit amount.
- To register a family member, under Register Additional Individuals/Family, click Add. Enter the necessary information in the available fields and click Add.
To register an individual without using a name, under Register Individuals (No Name Required), enter the total number of individuals without names you want to register in the Quantity text box. Select the Registration type and click Add.
When registering individuals without names, you cannot make individual sub-event selections for individuals without names. All selections are made for the total number of individuals without names.
Also, you cannot select to purchase individual supplies for individuals without names for events. All supply purchases are made for the total number of individuals without names.
Once you register individuals without using names, the option becomes unavailable. You can still register individuals with names.
- If an event is sold out, the Add options to register additional individuals, family members, and guests do not display, and the Registration drop-down list is grayed out for registered individuals and family members not registered for the event.
- If there is no cost associated with the event, the word Free displays beside the event name in the Registration drop-down list.
- The Total Cost you have incurred for the event displays in the top-left-hand corner of the page.
By default, the event image, description, and details display when selecting attendees. This is helpful because you can see registration guidelines, such as ages or requirements, which helps prevent adults from registering children from adult-only events. To hide the details, click Hide Details.
Sub-events are smaller sessions that occur during a larger event. For example, you register for a weekend retreat. During the retreat, your organization plans to offer several classes for participants. When you register for the event, you can sign up for the sub-events you want to attend.
Supplies, such as study guides, may be available. If the event and sub-events you register for offer additional supplies, you can order them in event registration. If an image of the supply is available, click the picture to view the supply.
Questions your organization created for registrants may display when you register. Required questions are indicated by a red asterisk. Depending on the events and sub-events for which the users are registered, the questions differ.
If you register for an event and later decide you want to attend a subevent, add supplies, or purchase additional supplies, you can edit your registration without cancelling the previous registration and re-entering information.
When payment for an event, you can pay the total amount or make a minimum payment (deposit). Depending on the organization's selections, users can pay for events using a credit card, debit card, or electronic check. Or, you may be able to pay in person or by mail.
- To pay the organization directly or mail in a payment, select Pay in Person/by Mail.
- To pay using a credit card, debit card, or electronic check, select Pay Online. Then, enter your payment information.
After you select your payment method, the Payment Confirmation page displays.
On the confirmation page, you can share the event on Facebook to let others know you registered. To post about the event on your Facebook wall, click Recommend. You can enter a personalized message about the event, then click Post to Facebook. To send a message about the event to select groups, individuals, or e-mail addresses, click Send.