How do I set up Access ACS Automatic Upload on Windows® 7?
Products affected: Access ACS
Versions affected: Any
Here's how to set up the Access ACS Automatic Upload.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Control Panel.
- Under Administrative Tools, select Task Scheduler.
- Under Actions (on the right), select Create Basic Task.
- Enter the name of the task (For example, Access ACS Schedule Upload), then click Next.
- Select the Trigger for the event and click Next.
- Select the date and time for the task to run, then click Next.
- Select Start a program for the task, then click Next.
- The Program/Script command should read C:\WINACS\awupdater.exe. (or, you can click Browse to select this).
- At the Add arguments (optional) command, enter acsexport and click Next.
- Select Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish (This lets you change the settings) and click Finish.
- In the Task Properties window, select Run whether user is logged on or not. Click OK.
- If you use Windows Server 2008 R2, select Run with Highest Privileges. This lets the acsexport process upload data.
- Enter your Windows network Username and Password.
- Click OK.
On the Settings tab, Stop the task if it runs for 72 hours and 0 minutes is selected by default.
Since Windows does not start one task if the previous one is already running, we recommend setting this option to 4 hours on any Windows install.