Under Fields, the additional fields you can set up in ACS display. The field you select on the left determines what displays in the right pane of the Define Lists window.Define Lists Buttons
Some of the fields in the Fields list, such as Marital Status, are required. The descriptions assigned to these fields cannot be changed; however, you can edit the drop-down list elements associated with the fields.
– Displays the Group Setup window. Use activity groups when you want to be able to assign more than one option in a field to an individual's record.
A good example of this is setting up committees, since an individual could be part of multiple committees. If you set up your committees as a list, then you can assign an individual to only one committee in the list. If you set up your committees in Group Setup, you can assign the individual to all committees they are a part of.
– Click to print the Define Lists Report. This lists the Field Type, Description, and Elements for all additional fields.
– When you select a field, date, or list that is Not Defined, click this button to activate it. To learn more, see Working with Additional Fields, Dates, and Lists in People Define Lists.
– Click to deactivate a field that you no longer want to use in ACS. Once you deactivate a field, the information you tracked with it is lost and can only be restored with a backup, so be sure to consider that before deactivation.
– Click to give a field a different description to display in ACS. This option is available when you select an active field from the Fields list. Renaming a field changes the name of the field throughout the ACS software.
– Click to add a list element to the selected field's drop-down list.
– Click to edit the selected list element. When you edit the Member Status elements under Individual lists, you can also map each status to a Record Type. When you edit a list element, the change is applied to all records that reference that element.
– Click to delete the selected list element from the selected field's drop-down list. When you delete a list element, it's removed from all records that reference that element.