The ACS Backup/Restore program is designed to will create an exact replica of your ACS data, which you can restore in the event of a disaster. You can also specifically select the data from the ACS suite or program that you want to back up. Before performing major data-related processes, such as year-end closing or Attendance Promotion, you must create a backup using the ACS Backup/Restore program.
Issues to Consider
- Creates backup files of your ACS data and system files.
- Maintains an automated schedule for backing up your ACS data.
- Creates backup files to store on your local computer or workstation.
- Verifies backups of your ACS data.
- You can view and print a log containing the User, Date, Time, and Backup Location for each instance your data is backed up or restored.
- Saves backups of your ACS data under a specified file name.
- Sets a specific number of backup files to maintain.
- Restores backups of your ACS data.
- You can individually select datasets to include in a backup file.
- Smaller backup file size.
- Backing up data is performed manually.
- All other ACS users must log out before backing up data.
- The computer or workstation designated to run the Automatic Backup program must be powered on and cannot be in Hibernate or Stand by mode when backing up data.
- Backup files should be manually transferred to backup media.
- Backup media such as CDs or DVDs must be preformatted.
- Backup files stored locally can require higher storage capacity, depending on the Maximum Number of Stored Backups value.