A connected church or organization makes changes in data and sends the changes to other DataShare sites. DataShare allows you to send information and changes on the Profile tab in View/Edit Individual to other sites, based on a saved search or by member status, pledges, and gifts. You must send your data changes, additions, and deletions to DataShare in order for other sites to receive them.
The first time you send data, all records that match your selected criteria are sent to the other sites. After this, updated records are sent, along with deleted records, so that those records are also deleted at the other site. You may change the filter settings of your criteria if you like.
|title||To send records to DataShare for the first time|
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Send Changes to DataShare and click Go .
- In the Send Changes Filter Options window, select the Filter Settings to use for sending changes.
- Use saved search criteria — Select to send records based on a saved search. For example, if you want to send changes to members' records, process and save a search for those with the Member Status of Member. Then, select the saved search in the drop-down list.
- Use selection below — Select to send records and changes based on pledges, gifts, and member status. Then, select to include individuals or families who pledged and/or gave, and select the member statuses to include.
- When the confirmation message displays, click OK.
- In the Send Changes window, individuals whose records match your filter settings display. Click Send Changes to send these records through DataShare.
- Once the records are sent, a confirmation message displays. Click OK, then Close.