The SmartSource check scanner is compatible with ACS People and PDS Church Office.
If you use the SmartSource® Check Scanner and want to print an endorsement line on the back of a check, you must follow these steps.
- Click Start and then click Computer.
- Go to C:\program files\cpi\scanner files.
- Double click on the scanner.exe.config. file.
- On line <add key="Endorse" value="N"/> Change N to Y.
- Replace METABANK <add key="LocalEndorseText" value="METABANK "/> with the endorsement line you need.
The endorsement line is not available for the Epson scanner.
Troubleshooting SmartSource Scanners
Before you start troubleshooting, you need to know the following:
- What operating system does the computer use?
- Is this a new scanner installation?
- Is this a new installation on the computer?
- What is the exact problem?
- What did the user do to get the issue?
Once you know the above information you can troubleshoot the scanner.
|title||To troubleshoot a Smartsource scanner|
- Click Start Programs > All Apps Windows 10.
- Locate the Silver Bullet Technology folder.
- Open the Silver Bullet Technology folder, then click the Ranger folder and go to step 3.
- If the Silver Bullet folder isn't there, the software isn't installed. Have the client log into Windows as an Admin, right click on SpeedcheckInstall_SmartSource.exe and click Run as Administrator. After the software is installed, go to 2a.
- Select RangerFlex. A Ranger Flex application window displays.
- If the message "The transport is dead. Ranger could not establish a connection to the scanner. Please close this application and check scanner cable connections or scanner driver installation." displays, the scanner is either turned off or not plugged in.
- Plug in or turn on the scanner.
- If the scanner is plugged in and turned on, call your Team Lead.
- If the Silver Bullet window displays, go to step 5.
- Select Place Checks in the Scanner, then click Start Feed. The SmartSource scanner scans checks without creating a batch.
- If the user can scan checks, there is a problem with the software or computer. Call your Team Lead.