HeadMaster's Seating Chart (only available with Classroom Manager) aids teachers in quickly learning names and makes taking attendance a fast and simple task. If pictures have been downloaded and attached to student records, a picture of the student displays on the seating chart.
Each photo represents a desk. You can drag each “desk” to a place in the room where you want the student to sit. If you need to rearrange desks for behavior or other classroom management reasons, it's as simple as dragging and dropping each “desk” on the seating chart. Once these are in place, you can click each picture to take attendance.
Before you can use the seating chart, you must configure it.
To configure the seating chart
- On the Home screen, click Options.
- Click Seating Chart.
- Select a default size for the student representations on your seating chart.
- Click Close.
In the Seating Chart window, you can arrange the student and teacher desks.
To arrange the seating chart
- On the Home screen, click Classes.
- Select a class name.
- On the toolbar, click Seating Chart.
- To move the teacher desk or student desks, click the desk image and drag-and-drop it to a new location.
- To rotate the teacher’s desk, right-click the Teacher’s Desk and select Rotate.
- To resize the student desks, right-click on a desk and select Resize. Select a new size. All desks will be resized.
- To auto arrange the desks, right-click on a student desk and select Auto Arrange. In the Select Row dialog box, enter the number of rows you want in your class. Note: Rows are vertical.
- To save your seating chart, click Save Positions.
- Click Close.