In order to send email or mass email through correspondence, you must enter the default SMTP server settings in HeadMaster. Before you begin, obtain the server and port settings from your Internet carrier or system administrator. You will also need your user name and password.
To set up SMTP server settings
- On the Home screen, click Options.
- Click SMTP Settings.
- Enter the server name and port name.
- To force the user to log on to the outgoing email server, select the Authenticate check box. If you select this option, the user will be prompted to log on when he connects to the specified server.
- Select the Use SSL check box to encrypt the email.
- Enter your user name and password.
- Enter the school email address. This will function as the default email address for replies unless a reply email is set up under Settings.
- Enter a standard signature in the text box.