After you create or edit correspondence, you can email it to multiple recipients from within HeadMaster. The advantage of using HeadMaster to send correspondence via email is that you can log the email on the individual's Communication tab so you can reference it at a later time.
Prior to sending correspondence via email:
- Set up mass email settings. For more information, see Set Up Mass Email Settings.
- Enter SMTP server settings. For more information, see Set Up SMTP Settings.
- Create or edit the correspondence.
- Filter the correspondence recipient list.
To send a mass email
- On the Home screen, click Correspondence.
- Double-click the correspondence you want to send, and click E-mail.
- The From field is automatically populated with your school's name. You can edit this field. The name in the From field appears in the recipient's inbox.
- In the Subject field, enter a description of your email.
- The user name and password default from the settings entered in the mass email settings and SMTP server settings. You can enter an E-mail Address for Replies if they should be sent to a different address, such as a teacher assistant's email address.
- In the Signature field, enter your name and title as it should appear in the email. You can leave this blank if you've already included this in your correspondence.
- To send the email, click Next.
- After HeadMaster sends the mass email, it displays a list of individuals who didn't receive the email and the reason for the failure.
- Click Close.
- The Log Printing/Email dialog box displays. Enter the information, and click Save Log.
When you are emailing documents that are longer than one page, you should use the Attach File option. For OnDemand users, we recommend that you not send a file that exceeds a 1.75M. Desktop users should contact their email provider to find out the recommended maximum file size.