Using Print to File, you can export a report to a destination on your hard drive. The report can be posted as a web page, imported in another software program, emailed, or saved as an image file. The following file formats are supported by HeadMaster:
- BMP stands for Bit-Mapped graphics format and is the standard for graphics files. You can save a report as a BMP, which is an image, in order to insert the report into a Microsoft® Word® document. For example, save a report card as a BMP and insert it into a document to show an example of what your report cards look like.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language, the authoring language used to create documents on the World Wide Web. You could save a report card as a HTML file and post it on you school's web page to show students and parents what their report cards will look like and perhaps explain the format.
- PDF stands for Portable Document Format, which makes it possible to send formatted documents and have them appear on the recipient's monitor or printer as they were originally formatted. To view a report saved in PDF format, you need Adobe® Acrobat Reader® which ships on the Headmaster CD-ROM.
- RTF stands for Rich Text Format and is an interchange format for exchange of documents between Microsoft Word and other systems. For example, save the Family List report as a RTF so that you can make changes or manipulate the text on the report in Microsoft Word or Notepad before distributing the report to office employees.
To print in a specific file format
- On the Report toolbar, click Print to File.
- To set the location to save the file, click Browse. Navigate to the folder where you want to save it, and click Save.
- Click the File Type list and make your selection.
- To view the file prior to export, click Preview. Otherwise, click Export. The file will be saved to the location you specified.