Transcripts are the cumulative record of a student's school career. The transcript follows a student throughout their education and is used for gaining admittance to a college or university.
Several different types of information are included on student transcripts including graduation date, class rank, cumulative credits, cumulative GPA, and cumulative grade average. Also included are the details of the student's schooling, such as the classes taken during school terms and transfer information.
Information contained on the Transcript tab includes courses and grades that a student has taken at your school as well as courses and grades transferred from other schools. The tab is divided into two sections. The Transcript Summary area displays grade average and credit information for the current term. Previously calculated averages and credits are automatically updated when you run the Update Permanent Records Assistant (See Update Permanent Records.). The Term Subjects area lists detailed information for each subject that the student completes.
Your school might calculate weighted averages. Here, briefly, is how weighting works:
- Weighted calculation takes into account the Credits Earned and Credits Taken fields, while unweighted calculation uses the number of classes taken instead. Weighting is not the same as calculating averages based on AP or honors classes, described below.
- If you are using the AP/Honors feature found in the Options > Permanent Records window, the field GPA No Honors is included in the Weighted and Unweighted boxes on the Transcript tab. The calculation made is exactly the same as that for weighted and unweighted, but does not assign additional points for AP or honors classes.
You can edit transcript information for a student's record as long as nothing has been entered in the Transcript Detail grid. Edit grade and credit transcript information throughout the student’s record by updating it on the Subject detail tab.
To edit transcript information
- On the Home screen, click Permanent Records.
- Double-click a student name..
- Click the Transcript tab.
- Edit the information, and click OK..
The following fields are included in the Term Summary and are automatically calculated when you run the Update Permanent Records Assistant or when you enter Permanent Record Subjects.
The student's expected graduation date. For example, 05/30/2015.
The student’s relative position or standing within the class.
The name of the active school term. For example, 2014 - 2015.
Overall Credits Earned
The cumulative number of credits a student has earned.
Overall Credits Taken
The cumulative number of credits a student has taken.
The cumulative grade point average for the student.
The overall grade average for the student. For example:100.
The type of diploma the student was working toward: business, technology, vocational, nursing, etc. For schools required to send transcripts electronically, this field might be required in the data export, but isn't required by HeadMaster.
Program of Study
The area of study the student was involved in. For schools required to send transcripts electronically, this field might be required in the data export, but isn't required by HeadMaster.
Indicate a hold on the transcript for this student due to unpaid fees, etc. The hold flag will be noted during the Update Permanent Records process.