As an administrator, at the beginning of a new school year, or as organizational changes are made, you may find it necessary to create a new, empty database.
- Prior to creating a new database, all users must exit HeadMaster.
- Before you can begin this process, the HMServer.exe must be stopped. On the server base computer, right-click on the HeadMaster Server icon and click Stop. After you finish the process, right-click on the icon again and click Start.
To create a new database
- In your local HMaster directory, double-click the HMUtils.exe file.
- Enter your user name and password, and click OK. The Database Utilities window displays.
- Click Create Database, and enter a name for the new database.
- Click Next > Finish.
- The next time you log into HeadMaster, select the new database name in the Dataset list.
- When the process is complete, click OK.