One of the most important processes in HeadMaster is adding students to the database. You can save time by selecting the appropriate method for adding students to HeadMaster.
There are three ways to add a student, and selecting the best method depends upon several factors:
- Add Student Assistant – When you want to quickly add a number of students. While you cannot add all of the data about a student using this method, you can edit the student information at a later time.
- Add New Student – When you have time to be more thorough in entering student data such as billing, custom fields, immunizations, or notes.
- Related Item – When you're viewing another student’s record or a parent’s record, you can add and associate new individuals, including a student, using the Actions > Related Item menu.
To access the student list, on the Home screen, click Students.
By default, the Student Assistant displays when you enter a new student in the student list. You can deactivate this option at any time.
To deactivate the Add Student Assistant
- On the Home screen, click Options.
- Click Settings.
- Clear the Use Student Assistant when adding new students check box.
To add a new student record
- On the Home screen, click Students.
- Click New.
- Click each tab to enter information into the appropriate fields.
- To save the record, click OK.