A standardized test is one that is administered under controlled conditions that specify where, when, how, and for how long children may respond to questions or prompts. These tests can include:
- State Mandated Tests - tests required by your state for graduation from high school.
- College Entrance Tests - tests required for admission to most colleges and universities. The most common college entrance tests are the SAT and the ACT.
- IQ Tests - tests that measure the test taker's intelligence quotient.
Students must have a Permanent Record before you can record test scores for them. If you have not already done so, run Update Permanent Records to add student records. For more information, see Update Permanent Records. In addition, you must set up standardized tests in HeadMaster. Test scores can be printed in a list or on transcripts.
To add standardized tests
- On the Home screen, click Standardized Tests. The Set Up Standardized Tests dialog box displays.
- Click Add. The Set Up Fields dialog box displays.
- Enter the test name. If you don't want the test to print on students’ transcripts, clear the Print on transcript check box.
- Click Add. The Field Name dialog box displays.
- Enter the standardized test field. For example, if you are adding the SAT, you would add three fields: Critical Reading, Mathematics, and Writing.
- Click OK. Repeat steps 5 - 6 for each field you want to add.
- Click OK > Close.