If your grading periods are composed of semesters or quarters, when you run Update Permanent Records, the semester or quarterly grades will automatically be added to the Semester/Quarter Grade dialog box. However, if you need to add historical information, for example, when a student transfers, you can do that on the Permanent Record Subjects tab. Add grades for each semester or quarter, letter grades, GPAs, and earned credits.
The Student Transcript Detail report will print semester/quarterly averages, while the Transcripts by Semester report will print both averages and credits.
To add a semester or quarter grade average
- On the Home screen, click Permanent Records.
- Double-click a student's name.
- Click the Transcript tab.
- Select a term from the Transcript Detail grid, and click Edit. The Permanent Record Term dialog box displays.
- Select a class from the Term Subjects grid, and click Edit. The Permanent Record Subject dialog box displays.
- On the Permanent Record Subject window, click Add. The Semester/Quarter dialog box displays.
- To select the semester or quarter for which you are adding an overall grade, click the Semester/Quarter drop-down list.
- Enter the grade average for the student. You can use numeric and letter grades.
- If needed, add GPA and earned credit data. Denote incomplete terms, too, if applicable.
- If applicable, enter a GPA No Honors value. This field is only visible if your school uses the AP/Honor Points feature set up in the Options > Permanent Records window.
- Click OK.