In order to receive automation discounts, the United States Postal Service® (USPS) requires you to prepare Full-Service Intelligent Mail. This means applying an Intelligent Mail barcode to mail and submitting postage statements and mailing documentation electronically.
What You'll Need to Do
Here's an overview of the bulk mailing process:
- Create or obtain all the necessary accounts, codes, and information. See the section below
for information on these.
- Run EZ-Mail in PDS Formation Office.
- Submit your electronic documents using the Business Customer Gateway website.
- Print your Intelligent Mail barcodes and apply them to your mailpieces, trays, and pallets.
- Take your bulk mailing to your post office.
Completing the Requirements
To be sure you receive automation discounts, follow these steps. Give yourself plenty of time to complete this before your first bulk mailing is scheduled to go out.
Create a free USPS Business Customer Gateway (BCG) account, if your parish doesn't already have one.How do I do that?
- Go to the BCG site at https://gateway.usps.com/, and click Register for free.
- Follow the instructions to create a user name and password.
- Enter your name and contact information.
- You'll receive an email from USPSPostalService@usps.com with your account information.
- In the Getting Started window, select whether to get the core suite of USPS Business Services or to customize your services.
- If you custom select services, make sure you select Manage Mailing Activity.
- Once you create an account, you can access PostalOne!® services via theBCG.
- Locate your Mailing Permit number(s).
- Get the Facility Identifier ID of the post office where you plan to submit your mailing.
- Obtain a Nonprofit Authorization number.
- Ensure you have the 9-digist ZIP Code for the post office where you're submitting your mailing.
- Run EZ-Mail in your PDS program. For instructions, see the Using EZ-Mail help page.
Submit your file to the Business Customer Gateway website.How do I do that?
- Go to the BCG site at https://gateway.usps.com/, and click Postal Wizard.
- Select your online form, and enter all necessary information.
- Click Continue.