After viewing and editing the Overview and Select Printer windows, the Reports wizard displays the Label Layout window. Use the available options to select a label style. You can also modify the address text and select how addresses and unlisted phone numbers print.
Rolodex and Index Card Label Style
The Label Style section contains multiple label formats, including some manufactured by Avery® and Deluxe®. You can select a label style from the Style Name drop-down list. The label description displays beneath the style name. You can also set up custom label formats in the Label Style dialog box.
- In the Label Layout window, under Label Style, click Edit Style. The Edit Label Style dialog box displays.
- To insert a new style, click Insert Style. To edit an existing style, select a style name.
- If you insert a new style, enter a unique name in the Style Name field.
- In the Description field, enter information about the label, such as its dimensions.
- Under Page Margins, enter the margins in inches. If your label stock uses pin-fed or Dot Matrix continuous form, select Continuous Form.
- Under Label Dimensions, enter the height, width, and amount of space between rows and columns in inches. Enter the number of columns on the label stock.
- Click Save/OK. If you edit an existing style, all reports currently using this style change. To save the style as a new style name so existing reports are not affected, enter the new style name, and click Save As.
- If you're using a partial page of labels, enter a value in the Number of Labels to Skip field before you print the first label.
The USPS prefers that addresses print in postal format. Postal format is all uppercase letters with punctuation removed. To print the name and address in postal format, make sure the field names are preceded by the word "Postal". Example: <Postal Fam Address Block>.
Text of the Label
You can edit the layout of the address and change the address fields that print on your labels. You can also select which address (street, mailing, or alternate) prints. The PDS Rolodex card reports are written using the Advanced Report Writer, but you can create a simple Rolodex card by adding a new label report and using the text editor. PDS doesn't support Advanced Report Writer or the text editor.
You can modify the layout, font, and data fields using the text editor.
- In the Label Layout window, under Text of the Label, click Modify the Layout of the Address Information. The text editor displays.
- Edit the text, and format it as necessary.
- To insert a data field, click Insert Field, select a field name, and click OK. You can also double-click a field name to insert it into the text.
- To close the editor, click OK.