You can send letters or statements by email instead of regular mail.
Email addresses can be entered in multiple windows throughout the program. You can enter email addresses for your reference without sending letters and statements to them. However, to mark an email address so that email is sent instead of regular mail, enter the information in at least one of the following areas:
- Family Primary Information — Enter the family's email address(es) in the Emails section in the Primary Information section of the Families window. Select Pref. if they prefer to receive email over regular mail.
- Member/Constituent Information — Enter the member/constituent's email address(es) in the Emails section in the Phones/Email/Addr section of the Members & Constituents window. Select Pref. if they prefer to receive email over regular mail.
- Billing or Business Address — You can send financial statements to people other than the family by adding contacts in the Billing Address section of the Families and Parishes & Facilities window or the Business Addr. section of the Members & Constituents window. Enter the individual's email address(es) in the Email section, select Send Email Over Mail, and indicate when to send statements to which address.
- For each family or individual, enter the email address in one of the locations listed above, and select Pref. or Send Email Over Mail.
- Select a report to print.
When selecting the families or individuals to include, on the Selection Information tab, select Email the Letter if, and select either Preferred is Checked or Has an Email Addr. To send the letter/statement to all email addresses associated with the member or family, select Send to Multiple Emails.
If you select Has an Email Addr, the program sends the email even if Pref. is not selected on the individual's record.
If you're running a member report, you can also select to send the letter to the family's email.
- Click Preview. The program builds a list of those who should receive regular mail and those who should receive email.
When the build is complete, click OK to display the first letter or statement to print. Review the first few records for accuracy before you continue.
This is only a preview, and the actual output can differ. Email previews don't display.
- Click Next, or close the preview window. The Sending the Email dialog box displays.
- Complete the information on the Email Message tab and the Email Server Setup tab. For more information on these tabs, see the tabs below.
- To begin transmitting your email messages, click Start Email. If there's an error connecting or with any single transmission, you can print the record and create a letter or statement for regular mail.
When printing mailing labels or envelopes to match a letter or statement, exclude those letters or statements that were sent by email. To do this, on the Selection Information tab for the label report, select Skip the Label/Envelope if Email.
The Sending the Emails dialog box is divided into two tabs.
This tab contains your message information.
Email Server Setup
This tab has technical information for connecting to your email server. Obtain these settings from your system administrator or Internet provider.