Removing a User
When an employee leaves your organization, we recommend removing the user’s name and password from the program. On the Administration tab, click Users & Passwords.
- Locate the user you want to delete.
- At the top, click Delete User.
- Click Yes to delete the user from the program.
Disabling All Passwords
Occasionally, a security administrator forgets the administrator password or some other emergency occurs, and you need to disable passwords to enter the program. Ideally, another security administrator can enter the program and reset the password.
If this isn't an option, use the Rescue program on the installation CD. It contains an option to disable passwords. You can then enter the program, change the passwords, and enable user security again. Use the Rescue program as a last resort.
- Insert the program CD into your CD-ROM drive.
On your keyboard, hold the Windows® key and press R.
The Windows key is located to the left of the space bar.
- Click Browse and in the File text box, enter "X:\Church\Rescue\ResqPDS.exe" (where X is the drive letter of your CD-ROM).
- Click Open, and then click OK.
- When the Rescue program starts, click Next.
- If you have more than one PDS program installed on your computer, select the option that describes the program you need to unlock passwords for.
- On the Disable Passwords tab, click Disable Passwords > OK. The passwords are now disabled, and you can start the PDS program and reset passwords.