Page tree

You can record cash contributions that can't be attributed to a particular institution or family. Add an institution record or a family record called "Loose" and then open funds for that record as needed. This way, you can track the total loose collection on a regular basis.


 To add a loose collection
  1. At the top, click Add <record>.
  2. In the ID number field, enter "[Loose".
  3. In the name field, enter "[Loose".
  4. Click Save.

Useful Information

The left square bracket and the term "Loose" are required for the ID number.


After you set up a loose collection:

  • You can include the loose collection record when printing family and financial reports.
  • You can post amounts to the loose collection record using a quick posting or by posting it directly in the Rates/History/Keywds window.
  • In the quick posting and financial total reports, amounts posted to the loose collection record are totaled separately and printed after the family totals.
  • If you want to track the loose contributions for multiple services, you can set up special activities within the fund that can be used to identify each service.

Related Topics