With this quick posting, you can transfer electronic giving directly from families' or institutions' accounts into your organization's account. There are a few things you need to do before you can post.
To prepare for this quick posting
Set up your eGiving provider.
We have arrangements with companies you can use. If you use a different company to create an ACH file, an extra step is required when importing.
- If you use Abundant, Vanco, or ACH, navigate to the family/institution's record, and in the Rates/History/Keywds window, enter the terms and rates for payment.
- Select Using eGiving (EFT), and click EFT Info. Enter the family/institution's values for this rate.
- Click Save/OK.
In the Development Funds navigation pane, click Quick Posting > eGiving.
To post eGiving
- Select your transfer type. For more on transfer types, see the Additional Field Information.
Make your selections. If you use PDS Ledger or QuickBooks, you can export batch totals.
Never select an ending date beyond today's date. This can trigger future transactions and result in insufficient funds.
- For Direct Debit File, you can enter an override batch date that displays instead of the scheduled payment date.
- For a transfer type other than Abundant, Vanco, or ACH File, enter the name of the file provided to you.
Click Next, and review your list of transactions. If needed, add or edit any information.
Click Search/Filter in List if you need to locate certain transactions based on the fund number, date, activity, ID/Env, name, amount, or check number.
- Select Filter the List to see only the results you want.
- Select Search in the List to jump to a certain transaction while still seeing the entire batch. If multiple transactions match your search, this works like the filter and only shows those results in the list.
- Click Clear Filter to see all the transactions in the batch again.
- When you're ready to post to the selected records, click Next.
To begin transferring, click Process eGiving.
Each file is transmitted to the company of your choice, and the transactions post to the family/institution's record.
- When the transfer is complete, select the reports you want to print.
Posted transactions are marked with one of the following values in the Check column:
|Check Value ||What it means|
|EFT||Transactions posted with Vanco Payment Solutions, ParishPay, FACTS, or SMART types. This displays after the funds have been received.|
|EFT-Pend||Pending transactions posted with ACH file types. This is similar to an entry for a check that hasn't cleared the bank yet. Use the report from your eGiving company to manually change the status of any entry that is in error or denotes insufficient funds.|
|EFT-Req||A payment is required from the family. This is automatically marked during the Pledge Card quick posting if you add an initial payment for a family who wants to pay electronically. You can then enter the family's account information and the initial transaction date. After you run the eGiving and the Check Batch Status processes, this is replaced by EFT, EFT-ISF, or EFT-Error.|
|EFT-ISF||Insufficient funds. This doesn't count as a payment or count toward the totals.|
|EFT-Error||Error during processing. This doesn't count as a payment or count toward the totals.|
|Online||Transactions were posted online with Vanco Payment Solutions.|
Select a type based on the company you use for fund transfers.
Abundant — Pulls transactions and donor information from Abundant based on the activities and parishes you set up and the specified date range. If you allow donors to give to specific parishes, select a default fund and activity to post those gifts to. PDS attempts to match transactions with families based on email address or name. If a new family gives, you can add them in PDS.
Transactions are posted every bank day (excluding weekends and holidays) at 3:00 pm EST. All transactions that have been submitted since the last time transactions were posted will be placed in two batches: one for credit card transactions and one for ACH (checking and savings transactions). These batches represent deposits made to the bank account for that day.
Vanco - Auto Connect — Uses the credit card and checking/savings account information stored on the Vanco website instead of sending it from the PDS data file. Parishioners can link directly from the parish website to secure donation pages. From there, they can make one-time donations/payments or set up a series of automatic donations/payments.
To review and verify transactions, use the Check eGiving Status quick posting.
- Vanco - Classic Import — Receive a file from Vanco to use with this quick posting. Only valid transactions are imported. Contact Vanco Payment Solutions at 800-675-7430 or CS@VancoPayments.com to inform them that you want to receive data files for importing.
- Acceptiva — Receive a file from Acceptiva to use with this quick posting. You can import the file whether or not an ID number is present.
ACH File — Select if you use a company not listed here. This creates a file based on what you enter for accounts, date of transaction, and amounts. Send this file to the company and receive the results at a later time. You can fix any transactions that are reported by the company as ISF or in error.
ACH File - Canadian — Select if you work with Canadian banks. This creates a file of transaction information, in a format accepted by Canadian banks, to initiate electronic fund transfers. Send this file to the bank(s) and receive the results at a later time.
- Cathedral Corporation - ACT Online Giving — Receive a file from Cathedral Corporation to use for this quick posting.
- Direct Debit File — Create an external file in tab delimited format.
- e-Contributions-Paluch's Electronic Giving — Receive a file from e-Contributions to use with this quick posting. Only valid transactions are imported.
- EFT Corporation — Allow your members to set up electronic offerings to be automatically transferred from their accounts.
- Faith Direct — Receive a file from Faith Direct to use with this quick posting. The information from the file posts to matching transactions on the History and Keywords tab.
FACTS with Sub-Accounting — Works just like FACTS, except you can break a single amount into tuition and fees. For example, if you post a $300 payment to a fund, you can split it between two entries: Tuition = $250 and Monthly Fee = $50. If a new record is found in the file, you can add it before posting.
- First Payment Systems — Receive a file from First Payment Systems to use with this quick posting. The file includes the fund activity name, such as Offering or Christmas Donation. Only valid transactions are imported.
- GFTS eGiving — Receive a file from GFTS eGiving to use. The file includes the fund activity name, such as Offering or Christmas Donation. Only valid transactions are imported.
- Give Central — Receive a file from Give Central to use with this quick posting.
- Format 1 (Formerly Good Shepherds Bank) — Receive a file in the format specified for this format. This was formerly used with Good Shepherds Bank.
- NCS E-Giving — Receive a file from NCS E-Giving to use with this quick posting.
- Our Sunday Visitor — Receive a file from Our Sunday Visitor Online Giving.
- Parish Giving — Upload files generated by Parish Giving directly into the PDS system.
- ParishPay — Receive a file from ParishPay to use. Only valid transactions are imported.
- PledgeConnect — Receive a file from PledgeConnect to use with this quick posting.
- Sage — Accept donations online and to process credit card, check, and recurring billing.
- Smart Payment Solutions — Create an ACH file to send to the company for processing. The transactions are also posted to the Rates/History/Keywds window.
- SMART Tuition Mgmt Services — Receive a file from SMART to use with this quick posting. Only valid transactions are imported.
- Stewardship Technology — Receive a file from Stewardship Technology to use with this quick posting. An agreement is required before using this service.
- Toshiba Business Solutions New York — Receive data exported from an automated envelope capture and imaging program.
- Tuition Management Systems, Inc. — Receive a file from TMS to use with this quick posting. Only valid transactions are imported.
- WeShare — Upload files generated by WeShare directly into the PDS system.
- 5/3 Bank — Receive a file from 5/3 Bank to use with this quick posting. Matching transactions post to the Rates/History/Keywds window.