Add a new fund when you have a new major contribution over a long period of time or over several short fund periods. You can add a predefined list or set up your own activities for a fund by navigating to Diocese > Development Funds > Fund Activities.
See Notes About Setting Up Funds before adding a fund.
- At the top, click Add Fund.
- In the Fund Identifier field, enter a unique fund ID. You can enter letters and/or numbers.
In the Fund Name field, enter a unique name for the fund.
If you edit the fund name after you've used the fund, all past and current entries are changed.
- Select the due date information.
- Fund Period — The date range of the fund. For example, if the fund period is set up to run from July to the following June, a family's quarterly pledges are due on July 1, October 1, January 1, and April 1.
- Billing Period — The pledging date range of the family. For example, if the family pledges quarterly from May to the following April, the due dates are May 1, August 1, November 1, and February 1.
- Calendar Year — January to December. For example, if the family pledges quarterly from May to the following April, the due dates begin July 1 and follow every three months – October 1, January 1, and April 1.
Select the recurring charge due dates.
To set a monthly due date other than the 15th, select First Day and set up each family's billing date starting on the day you want to bill them. For example, to bill on the 20th of each month, set up the family for 01/20/2020 through 12/20/2020.
- If you want to increase pledges to match payments, select the option. For details on this, see the Additional Field Information below.
- Under Fund Periods, click the add icon and enter the year, starting and ending dates, and, optionally, a goal.
- In the bottom grid, click the add icon . You can add predefined fund activity groups or click Make Group to enter the groups, activities, and functions you need. For more on predefined groups, see the Additional Field Information below.
- Click Save.
- Make sure you give PDS users the appropriate access to this fund.
- When you're ready to assign the fund period to all families in your program, click Add to Fams.