You can verify that your program does not contain discrepancies. Program and data files can develop discrepancies as a result of improper system shutdown, operating system failure, hard drive failure, computer virus infection, network failure, or other computer complications. To minimize this risk, back up your data regularly.
This process can repair some small problems with the data. If severe discrepancies exist, you can restore data from a recent backup. If this happens, however, all information entered since the last backup is lost.
- On the File menu, click Test/Fix > Fix Data Discrepancies.
- If the "index out of date" error displays, select Reindex Tables.
- To remove empty space in the data tables, select Pack Tables.
- Click Fix Data.
- After the process is finished, a summary report displays. Review the report for anything you need to be aware of.
- When you're finished, click Close.