Many issues contribute to data corruption, from power surges and network issues to hardware failure. If your data is corrupt, you can repair the tables in HeadMaster.
Since repairing tables can result in data loss, be sure everyone in your organization exits HeadMaster, then perform a backup.
Make sure all users are logged out of HeadMaster before performing the backup.
To backup HeadMaster data:
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > HeadMaster > Utility Manager.
- Enter the User Name and Password and click OK.
- Click Create Backup.
- To select the location for saving the backup, click Browse.
- Select to Omit Picture Files, if desired.
- Click Backup, then OK.
- On the Windows Taskbar, click Start > Programs > HeadMaster > Utility Manager.
- Enter your user name and password, then click OK.
- Click Table Maintenance.
- Under Connection Settings, select the correct dataset and click Repair All Tables.
- Select the System dataset and click Repair All Tables.
- When finished, click Close.