A webmaster is a person responsible for maintaining a website and its content. This includes adding, updating, and deleting articles, making slides, adding podcasts, and more. Sometimes it’s hard for a staff person to find the time to do this with all of their other responsibilities so the Extend Platform team offers a webmaster service where we do the work for you. For more information on this service, please visit http://www.extendplatform.com/webmastering
Requesting a Webmaster Update
When entering a webmaster request, here are some things to keep in mind:
- There’s no need to enter separate requests for each update, just include all requests and files in one form submission.
- Please allow 24 to 48 hours for us to complete your request.
To enter a webmaster request
- Go to http://www.extendplatform.com/webrequest . So you don’t forget the link to the webmaster request form, you may want to bookmark the link.
- Enter your email address, and Site and PIN numbers. The Extend Webmaster Request page displays. You can find your Site and PIN information in the Webmaster Welcome email you received or you can contact Support at 800-669-2509.
- Under Please describe the desired changes/additions add detailed information we need. Please be detailed and include information such as:
- What page needs changing. You can include a link to the page.
- If the change appears multiple places. List them all.
- The 4W’s (who, what, when, where)
- Under Date Needed By: add the day, month, and year the content needs to be on your website.
- If you have images or files to upload, under Attach File(s), click Browse or Choose Files, depending on your browser. To select multiple files or images, hold down the Ctrl or Shift key (Windows) or Command key (Mac) and select the files.
- When you are finished, click Submit.