When contributors give via text, they text your church's keyword, along with the gift amount, to the 5-digit number.
Example: If your church's permanent keyword is FBCMTPLEASANT, contributors text FBCMTPLEASANT $10 to give $10 toward the default texting fund.
- Choose a keyword that represents your church as a whole.
- Short, easy to remember keywords are best. The longer the word is, the more likely a contributor will enter a typo.
- You cannot change your church's keyword, so review your choice carefully before accepting it.
- On the Text Giving tab, enter a permanent keyword for your church's text giving. The keyword is not text sensitive.
- Click Next.
- If your keyword is not available, choose another keyword. Each church that uses text giving through Access ACS must have a unique keyword.
- If your keyword is available, select I have reviewed and accept this permanent keyword, then click Accept.
After your church keyword is set up, funds enabled for text giving display on this tab. You can assign fund keywords to each fund so contributors can give toward specific campaigns.
Example: You can set up a fund keyword for the building fund. Your permanent church keyword is FBCMTPLEASANT, and your building fund keyword is BUILD. Contributors can text FBCMTPLEASANT BUILD $10 to give $10 to the building fund.
Each fund can have multiple keywords (separated by a semicolon), but two funds cannot have the same keyword. So, if the Missions fund uses the keyword GIVE, no other fund at your church can use that keyword.
- On the Text Giving tab, under Funds for Text Giving, click on the fund you want to assign a keyword for. If no funds display, return to the Funds Setup tab and select the funds you want to allow text giving for.
- In the Fund Keyword(s) field, enter a fund keyword.
- If this fund is the default fund for text giving, select Default Texting Fund. If the contributor doesn't include a fund keyword, the gift is allocated toward the default texting fund.
- When finished, click Submit.