About Text Giving
Text Giving lets contributors give to your church using their smart phones.
Contributors text your church's keyword, along with a dollar amount, to 73256.
Your church's name displays in the confirmation text, payment form, and on the contributor's receipt. Within Access ACS, text gifts are processed just like online contributions.
Contributors can give via text using debit cards, credit cards, or ACH payments. It takes first-time contributors about 2 minutes to set up their payment method, which is saved for future text gifts.
Set up Text Giving
You can also enable a fund for text giving. When selected, these funds display on the Text Giving tab, where you can set up keywords so contributors can give directly to them.
- Point to Giving, then click Online Giving Setup.
- Click the Funds tab.
- Click Select Funds.
- Select the funds you want to include for online giving, then click Save.
- To enable text giving for a fund, select Enabled for Text Giving.
If no funds display, you must upload funds from ACS Contributions to Access ACS.
- Open ACS People Suite.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Sync with Access ACS, and click Go.
- Select Upload to Access ACS, then select Include Contributions. Do not clear any other selections.
- Click Upload.
Reserve Your Permanent Church Keyword
Contributions are processed by your permanent church keyword. When contributors give via text, they text your church's keyword, along with the gift amount, to the 5-digit number. In the example above, the permanent church keyword is FBCMTP.
You should choose a keyword that represents your church as a whole. Short, easy to remember keywords are best. The longer the word is, the more likely a contributor could enter a typo. Keywords are not case sensitive.
Once this keyword is set, you cannot change it, so review your choice carefully before accepting it.
- Keywords must be between 3-20 characters.
- Keywords cannot have spaces or special characters.
- Keywords do not have to be giving specific.
- You can use your church's name, abbreviation, or part of your church's website URL.
- Check with other church staff members before locking in the keyword.
- On the Text Giving tab, enter a permanent keyword for your church's text giving. The keyword is not case sensitive.
- Click Next.
- If your keyword is not available, choose another keyword. Each church that uses text giving through Access ACS must have a unique keyword.
- If your keyword is available, select I have reviewed and accept this permanent keyword, then click Accept.
Create Fund Keywords for a Faster Giving Experience
On the Text Giving tab, you can assign fund keywords to each fund so people can contribute toward specific campaigns.
Unlike the permanent church keyword, fund keywords are not reserved, so you can be a bit more creative. Each fund can have multiple keywords (separated by a semicolon), but two funds cannot have the same keyword. If the Missions fund uses the keyword GIVE, no other fund at your church can use that keyword.
For example, you can set up a fund keyword for the building fund. Your permanent church keyword is FBCMT, and your building fund keyword is BUILD. Contributors can text FBCMTP BUILD 10 to give $10 to the building fund. If the contributor doesn't include a fund keyword, the gift is allocated toward the default texting fund.
- On the Text Giving tab, under Funds for Text Giving, click on the fund you want to assign a keyword for. If no funds display, return to the Funds Setup tab and select the funds you want to allow text giving for.
- In the Fund Keyword(s) field, enter a fund keyword.
- When finished, click Submit.
Select Your Default Fund
You must select a default fund. If someone gives via text and doesn't include a fund keyword, the gift is allocated toward the default texting fund. Any text enabled fund can be the default fund, but normally this is a general fund. You can enter a fund keyword for your default fund, but you don't have to.
- On the Text Giving tab, under Funds for Text Giving, click on the fund you want to assign as your default fund. If no funds display, return to the Funds Setup tab and select the funds you want to allow text giving for.
- Select Default Texting Fund.
- When finished, click Submit.
Selecting Payment Options
You can accept text gifts from credit and debit cards or debit cards only.