When an event is created, you can select it to recur at different intervals depending on your organization's needs and the type of event. For example:
- A daily coffee and devotion
- A weekly bible study or choir practice
- A monthly session or committee meeting
- A yearly autumnal festival planning meeting
- On the Add/Edit Event page, beside Is this a recurring event?, select Yes for recurring events.
- Select the Event Times from the available drop-down list, or select All Day.
- Select a Recurrence Pattern. Depending on the option you choose, more information may be required.
- Enter the Range of Recurrence. Enter a Start and End date, or click to select the dates from a calendar. If necessary, specify the number of occurrences you want to complete before terminating the event.
- Click OK.
Making Exceptions for Recurring Dates
If you use the Facility Scheduler calendar, the Manage Dates option lets you add more dates or remove existing ones from the recurrence. This lets you vary the dates of the event beyond the available recurrence options. This is helpful if you set up a recurring Bible study and need to make an exception on a holiday.
- Click Preview and make exceptions for recurring dates.
- To add dates, click the desired date or dates. To move forward, click the (Month Year)> button in the bottom left corner of the window.
Dates already included in the recurrence are bold. To remove a date, click the desired date or dates. To remove all dates, click Clear All Dates.
- After you make your selections, click OK.
Once you make your selections from the above sections, click OK to save the Event Recurrence selections for the event.