You must have administrative rights to update Online Giving Settings.
With appropriate administrative rights, you can set up online giving or update your settings. To do this, point to Giving, click Online Giving Setup, then select the appropriate options on each tab.
With ACS Pay Plus, you cannot refund online gifts through Access ACS. You can only refund event payments.
If you need to return an online gift to the contributor, contact Vanco at 1-800-675-7430.
You can turn on public giving or scheduled giving, and you can allow administrators to enter and update scheduled gifts.
Turning Scheduled Giving Off
If you turn scheduled giving off, all past, current, and future recurring gift information is deleted and cannot be restored.
After making your selections, click Save.
You can also enable a fund for text giving. When selected, these funds display on the Text Giving tab, where you can set up keywords so contributors can give directly to them.
- Point to Giving, then click Online Giving Setup.
- Click the Funds tab.
- Click Select Funds.
- Select the funds you want to include for online giving, then click Save.
- To enable text giving for a fund, select Enabled for Text Giving.
If no funds display, you must upload funds from ACS Contributions to Access ACS.
- Open ACS People Suite.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Sync with Access ACS, and click Go.
- Select Upload to Access ACS, then select Include Contributions. Do not clear any other selections.
- Click Upload.
Example: If your church's permanent keyword is FBCMTPLEASANT, contributors text FBCMTPLEASANT $10 to give $10 toward the default texting fund.
- Choose a keyword that represents your church as a whole.
- Short, easy to remember keywords are best. The longer the word is, the more likely a contributor will enter a typo.
- You cannot change your church's keyword, so review your choice carefully before accepting it.
- On the Text Giving tab, enter a permanent keyword for your church's text giving. The keyword is not text sensitive.
- Click Next.
- If your keyword is not available, choose another keyword. Each church that uses text giving through Access ACS must have a unique keyword.
- If your keyword is available, select I have reviewed and accept this permanent keyword, then click Accept.
After your church keyword is set up, funds enabled for text giving display on this tab. You can assign fund keywords to each fund so contributors can give toward specific campaigns.
Example: You can set up a fund keyword for the building fund. Your permanent church keyword is FBCMTPLEASANT, and your building fund keyword is BUILD. Contributors can text FBCMTPLEASANT BUILD $10 to give $10 to the building fund.
Each fund can have multiple keywords (separated by a semicolon), but two funds cannot have the same keyword. So, if the Missions fund uses the keyword GIVE, no other fund at your church can use that keyword.
- On the Text Giving tab, under Funds for Text Giving, click on the fund you want to assign a keyword for. If no funds display, return to the Funds Setup tab and select the funds you want to allow text giving for.
- In the Fund Keyword(s) field, enter a fund keyword.
- If this fund is the default fund for text giving, select Default Texting Fund. If the contributor doesn't include a fund keyword, the gift is allocated toward the default texting fund.
- When finished, click Submit.
You can also create an announcement for text giving.
To announce text giving
- On the Publicize tab, in the drop-down list, select the Fund Keyword you want to announce. To create an all-purpose announcement, leave the field blank.
- Optional: In the Recommended Amount field, enter a recommended gift amount.
- Click Generate.
Your announcement displays on the tab. Generating the wording does not notify clients about text giving, but you can copy and paste it into your church bulletin or display it on a projector during the service.
- Payment Processed - Send this receipt to individuals when a gift has successfully processed.
- Recurring Payment Setup - Send this receipt to individuals when a recurring gift has successfully processed.