On the Global Preferences tab, you can select to display all the Member Statuses or only display certain Member Statuses on records.
You can also select the default Online Directory preferences. Individuals with appropriate rights (members and lay leaders) can view online directories that include individuals or families in your database.
In this section, you can set the default preferences for your organization's family directories.
To select your default search and directory preferences
- Point to Admin, then click Options.
- Make sure the Global Preferences tab is selected.
- In the Online Directory and Member Search Preferences area, select to either display all the Member Statuses or only display certain Member Statuses.
- Select one of the following options:
- To include all users in online directories, select Include all users in the online directory.
- To exclude all users from online directories, select Exclude all users in the online directory.
- Select the fields that you want to include in online directories.The available options, in addition to the default of Name, are:
- Street address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
Select to let all Member Status(es) print the Online Directory or only let certain Member Status(es) print.
- Select to include a customized message in the directory footer. For example, you can enter a message that states the directory may not be used for solicitation.
Once you select the default directory fields for your organization, users can customize their personal settings on the My Personal Preferences page. Users can choose to exclude fields that you included. They cannot include fields that you exclude.
For example, you choose to include phone numbers and e-mail addresses in online directories. When users customize their personal preferences, they can choose to exclude their e-mail addresses or phone numbers from online directories. However, they cannot choose to include street address.