Importing Guest Gifts is a new feature for ACS 188.8.131.52. You must have ACS 184.108.40.206 to import transactions from guest givers.
Guest givers are contributors who give online without creating an account. On the Online Giving Report, ‡ displays beside a guest giver's contribution.
With ACS 220.127.116.11, you can import guest giver transactions into ACS Contributions and assign them to one record. You don't have to create a new record in ACS for each guest giver; however, if you plan to send statements or track guest givers, you should create new records for each one.
First, set up a single record in ACS People Suite for guest givers.
To set up a single record for guest givers
- Log into ACS People Suite.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- Select Contributions from the drop-down list and click Go .
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Access ACS Guest Giver, click Find Person to assign a record that you can import guest giver contributions to from Access ACS.
- Select the guest giver record and click OK. If you do not already have a guest giver record, click Add New Family to create one. We suggest naming this record "Visitor Contributions", "Loose Contributions", or "Guest Giver".
- To save your changes, click OK.
Next, import transactions from Access ACS. When you import a contribution from a guest giver, a yellow flag displays beside that gift.
If a giver had a record that was deleted in ACS, a red flag displays. To include that gift with the guest giver contributions, click Import As Guest.