After creating serving opportunities, select the type of position you want to fill.
For example, you create a serving opportunity for a Sunday School teacher. You can create a position named Teacher and assign that position to the serving opportunity.
Members can also associate attributes and qualifications with their profiles. When they search for available serving opportunities, they can view a list of serving opportunities that match their attributes and qualifications.
To create a position
- Point to Serving, then click Setup.
- Click the Positions tab.
- At the top of the page, click Add.
- In the Position field, enter the position name.
- In the Description text box, enter a description of the position.
- Under Show position with, make sure that Opportunities is selected.
- On the tabs, select the attributes and qualifications that you want to assign to the position, then click Save. This section only displays if Opportunities is selected under Show position with.
For more information about the available options, see the following table:
The position is associated with a small group.
An individual with this position joins the small group.
The Small Groups option cannot be selected.
If the position is associated with an opportunity.
An individual volunteers for the position in the opportunity.
The Opportunities option cannot be selected.
If the position is associated with a small group and an opportunity.
An individual with this position joins the small group, and an individual volunteers for the position in the opportunity.
Show position with does not display.