Use the check-in grace period to determine how much time between check-in and check-out must exist for a person to be considered present. This improves the accuracy of your attendance records and applies to both assisted and self check-in. The grace period cannot be changed for specific sessions or templates and is immediately applied to all sessions and templates.
If a mother and her child check in at 9:51 am, and check out when the child becomes ill at 10:00 am, if your check-in grace period is set at 10 minutes, the mother and child are not recorded as present on that day.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Checkpoint and click Go.
- In the left pane, click Check In/Out Defaults.
- Under Check In Grace Period, select a time frame in the drop-down list.
- Click Apply to save your changes.