Members bring new people to events, classes, and worship services all the time. You can use Checkpoint to add visitors' contact information to your ACS dataset.
Depending on how rushed your check-in period is, you may want to request more or less information from visitors. Select which information fields display in Checkpoint to control how much and what information is collected from visitors. If visitors are accompanied by a member, then the member can add the visitor at self check-in. These instructions detail how to manage fields for templates and self check-in stations. See Managing Assisted Check-in Add People Fields for Templates for instructions on setting defaults for visitors who are unaccompanied.
New people can be added as members of a family already entered in your ACS dataset or as a brand new family in your ACS dataset. These fields display for people entered in both ways.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Checkpoint Templates, then click Go.
- Select the template and click Edit.
- In the left pane, click Add People Defaults.
- Under Express Check In/Out Add People Options, select the information that you want to be collected. See the Additional Field Information. for more on each option.
- Click Apply to save your changes.