Importing photos from Olan Mills adds the photos to your dataset and matches each photo with the appropriate record.
If you are a current user of ACS and have records in ACS People Suite, be sure to read Olan Mills Import for Current ACS Customers before proceeding with the instructions on this page. All new and current ACS and Olan Mills customers follow the same instructions when importing photos from Olan Mills.
- You have received the completion email from Olan Mills.
- You have your Olan Mills ID (provided to you by Olan Mills).
- You have downloaded the Olan Mills photo file from their website. (The link and instructions for this are provided in the completion email from Olan Mills.)
Once you have these things, begin the importing process by loading the photo data.
To load the photo data
- On your computer, click Start > Programs > ACS Technologies > ACS Tools > Olan Mills Import.
- Log in to Olan Mills Import with your regular ACS username and password.
- Click the Import Options tab.
- Click browse .
- In the Browse for Folder window, navigate to the downloaded photo file.
- Select the photo file and click OK.
- Enter your Olan Mills ID.
- Select Automatic. (Selecting Automatic is recommended because this matches your family photographs with the roster information supplied by your ministry.)
- Click Load Data. The process may take several minutes.
Once the photo data has loaded, you must import the photo into your dataset.
To import photos
- If any photos display in the Match Data tab, manually match them with their corresponding ACS record. See Manually Matching Photos for more information.
- Click Import. A dialog box displays when the import is complete.
- Click OK.
The Olan Mills photos are now successfully imported into ACS People.