If you have recently purchased ACS and have not yet entered any data, use Olan Mills Import to import photos from your Olan Mills Photo files into ACS and create new family records simultaneously. This is an excellent time for new ACS users to quickly enter records, including people and their photographs, directly into ACS People Suite.
This is primarily useful if you have just purchased ACS and already have an Olan Mills photo session planned. You can coordinate the initial entering of data into ACS with receiving the new photos from Olan Mills.
As a new user of ACS, you do not have to prepare anything in ACS before the Olan Mills photo session takes place. After the photo session has taken place, you will receive an email from Olan Mills that includes your Olan Mills ID and an online link to your photo data. After you receive this email, proceed with loading and importing the photos.
- You have received the completion email from Olan Mills.
- You have your Olan Mills ID (provided to you by Olan Mills).
- You have downloaded the Olan Mills photo file from their website. (The link and instructions for this are provided in the completion email from Olan Mills.)
Once you have these things, begin the importing process by loading the photo data.
To load the photo data
- On your computer, click Start > Programs > ACS Technologies > ACS Tools > Olan Mills Import.
- Log in to Olan Mills Import with your regular ACS username and password.
- Click the Import Options tab.
- Click browse .
- In the Browse for Folder window, navigate to the downloaded photo file.
- Select the photo file and click OK.
- Enter your Olan Mills ID.
- Select Automatic. (Selecting Automatic is recommended because this matches your family photographs with the roster information supplied by your ministry.)
- Click Load Data. The process may take several minutes.
Once the photo data has loaded, you must import the photo into your dataset.
To import photos
- If any photos display in the Match Data tab, manually match them with their corresponding ACS record. See Manually Matching Photos for more information.
- Click Import. A dialog box displays when the import is complete.
- Click OK.
The Olan Mills photos are now successfully imported into ACS People.