Many organizations use bar codes to locate personal records at check-in. Each bar code is assigned a value that you can scan, so each check-in station should have a scanner handy for members to scan their cards and locate their personal records.
Bar codes are designed to print on on an ID card or key chain using Avery 6870 3/4" X 2 1/4" labels. Each label prints the bar code and name of the individual, and every person in ACS is automatically assigned a unique bar code. Bar codes can contain letters and numbers, but some older model scanners aren't able to scan them properly.
Bar codes can contain letters and numbers, but some older model scanners are not able to scan them properly. ACS Technologies can only guarantee that Checkpoint works with the scanners we currently sell.
Edit Individual Bar Codes
In Checkpoint, you can print bar codes on badges and use them to check in people to classes and activities. However, you can manually manage these bar code numbers. No two individuals can be assigned the same bar code number. If you enter a duplicate bar code number for a second individual, the next available bar code number is assigned to the first individual.
- Under Manage Records, click the People tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Checkpoint and click Go.
- Under Locate Individual, enter the name of the person and press Enter.
- Select the correct person, then click Edit.
- Enter the new bar code number and click OK.
Print Bar Code Labels
To implement bar codes as part of your check-in system, print bar code labels, and put them on ID cards or key fobs. Then use the bar codes to locate individual's records at check-in.
Bar code labels in Checkpoint are designed to print on Avery 6870 3/4" X 2 1/4" Return Address Labels. Each label prints with the bar code and name associated with the corresponding individual record. The format of the name that prints on the label depends on the display name selected under Global Settings. Labels are sorted alphabetically according to last name, first name.
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Checkpoint Reports and click Go.
- In the left pane, expand Labels > Bar Code Labels.
- In the lower left pane, click Customize.
- In the Master Group drop-down list, select the master group that includes the people you want to print bar code labels for.
- Enter the Date Range.
- Under Report Settings and Report Options, select the options you want to include in the report. See Additional Information for more on each option.
- Click Preview to generate the report.
- Save or Print the report.