We have field staff that only deal with specific organizations, or sub-organizations. How can I set up the Find Organization menu so field staff can only view the records that pertain to them?
You can set up filters based on the parent organization to create a subset of your data when using the Find Organization menu.
- On the Organizations menu, click Add/Edit Organizations.
- On the Find Organization menu, click Filter. The Edit Filters window displays.
- Enter a description for the filter in the Filter Description field.
- From the Available Fields list, select Parent, and then click Add. The Filter on Parent Organization window displays.
- Under Filter Type, select Equal To. Then click Lookup , select the parent organization you want to filter on, then click OK.
- Click OK, then Apply. The Find Organization menu displays with the filter applied.
Why do my Organizations not show on my Contribution reports? I have search results, but when I set up the report to "Use Last Search Results", it shows no results and when I try to Preview, a message says there are no records for selection.
You need to run your Contribution reports from the Organizations module. If you run Contribution reports for both Organizations and People, you can include individuals in the Organizations Contributions reports.
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Staff/Organizations Reports and click Go .
- In the top left pane, expand Contributions to view the available Contribution reports.
Can I import my Organization records into Special Mailings?
Unfortunately, you cannot import Organizations into Special Mailings.
Why do I need the People module if I am only tracking Organization information?
The People module is the central point for almost all data in the People Suite. Because of this design, the ACS system requires the People module even if you only track Organizations information. Without the People module, several Organizations features would not be available. For example, without the People module, you could not assign staff to your organizations
What is the Statistic Views option used for?
Statistics Views group and combine specific fields from the Statistics tab and are available in View/Edit Organizations. For example, if you have a Membership page, a Bible Study page, a Discipleship Training page, and a Music Ministry page broken down by age within Statistics, you can set up a view to show all of the statistics for Membership, Bible Study, Discipleship Training, and Music Ministry for people between birth and age 17.
Since I need to enter organizational contributions as well as individual contributions, should I add organizations to the People module as well?
No, you do not have to add organizations as People records to post organization contributions. You can enter contributions for organizations as well as individuals on the Contributions - Add Transaction window.
Is it necessary to process two searches to get labels, one for my organization staff members and one for staff members without an organization?
No, you do not have to process two searches.
- Process your search or select Edit Results and move names from the left pane to the right pane.
- Select Staff/Org Labels.
- Choose Staff Labels with Org Name (1-Up, 2-Up, or 3-Up).
- Click Customize, then click the Settings tab.
- Select Use Last Search Results and Include Individuals.
- Click Preview or Print.
Labels for staff assigned to an organization print both the individual and organization name. Labels for staff not assigned to an organization print the individual name only.
I have several organizations that don't need a parent organization or don't have sub-organizations. How can I avoid creating generic levels in the organizational hierarchy?
You can avoid this by assigning them to the highest organizational level possible.
Why am I getting the wrong staff names whenever I process a search or a report that involves staff members?
You need to verify the date fields used in your search or while setting up the report. Staff information is maintained by Start and End dates, so you must make sure you select dates that correspond to the report or search you want to process.
I processed a search on a staff position and received valid results but when I use the search results in a report, I receive a "No records for selection" message. How can I include my search results in the report?
The results you chose to include in the report consist of individual records, which are valid for the search, but not with the Use Last Search Results option for Organizations reports. The Use Last Search Results option for Organizations reports (with the exception of the Custom Staff Totals and Staff Names and Special Fields reports) only incorporates organizational-level data, not individual staff record data.
When processing Organizations reports, you must process and use search results based upon specific staff positions. In this case, you can choose the staff positions you want to include in your report using the Selected Staff Positions option on the Setup tab of the report.
How do I know which staff positions are included when I create an advanced exports file of my organizations and staff members?
When creating an Advanced Exports File Export of Organizations data, you can choose the Staff Positions to include in your export.
- On the Advanced Export Menu, click Create New Export.
- Select File Export>OK.
- On the Groups tab, select Organizations.
- Under Record Selection, select any additional options.
- Optional: Select Use Last Search Results.
- Click the Fields tab and choose the Organizations fields you want to include in your export.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click Organizations.
- Select Staff Positions, then click Select.
- From the Staff Positions pane, choose the positions you want to include in the export and move them to the Selected Staff Positions list.
- Click OK twice.
- Click Next to choose a file format, or you can save the file, or choose Run Export.
I have some staff that want to have their mail sent to their organization while others want it sent to their house. How do I set this up without constantly changing the address for records or creating duplicate individual records with different addresses?
You can specify how you want each staff member to receive mail.
- From Manage Records, click the Organizations tab.
- From the drop-down list, click View/Edit Organizations and click Go .
- Select an organization and click View/Edit.
- Click the Staff tab.
- Select the staff member whose address information you want to change and then click Edit. The Add/Edit Staff window displays.
- Select one of the following Mail To options, then click OK:
- Primary Organization - Select to send the staff member's mail to their primary organization.
- Individual Address - Select to send the staff member's mail to their home address.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for each staff member whose information you want to change.
- Click Close.