In Mass Change, you can replace the data in a selected field with new information. You can change records based on search results, filter results, or a selection. To learn more, see the examples in the Additional Field Information.
Make a Backup
We recommend performing a manual backup before using the Mass Change feature. A current backup is the only way to be sure you can "undo" the changes in case of a mistake.
- Select your data prior to entering Mass Change. This means processing a search or applying a filter to find the records you want to change. If you are replacing particular values, or changing all records, this step won't be necessary.
- Optional: Set up new values in Define Lists, if needed. You cannot enter new values while in Mass Change.
- Under Manage Records, click the Tasks tab.
- In the drop-down list, select People Mass Change or Organizations Mass Change, then click Go .
- Under Change Mode, select Change Field Value.
- Under Available Fields, select the field you want to change.
- Under Include, select which records to include in the change. To learn about each option, see the Additional Field Descriptions below.
- Optional: If you select Change Records that Match selection below, in the Value to Change field, select or enter the field value you want to change.
- In the New Value field, select or enter the new field value for the selected field, then click Change.
- When the confirmation message displays, click Yes.
- Click OK, then Close.