ACS records are organized by family, even if there is just one person in the family. After adding a new family, you can enter additional information on the family member's record in View/Edit Individual, or you can add family members.
If you set up Duplicate Checking Settings in People Setup, when you start a new family, ACS checks the database for individuals with that name and/or address. If possible duplicate records exist, a list of them displays when you save the individual's information. If the records are the same person, you can double-click on the appropriate record to enter information in View/Edit Individual.
The default value for Record Type is Member; however, you can change this value to Prospect or Other as necessary. In addition, the first family member has the Family Position of Head, but you can change this as well.
- Under Manage Records, click the People tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add New Family, then click Go .
- Enter as much information as you can into each of the Add Family fields, including Active Address, Contribution Information, Personal Information, Mobile Phone Number, and E-Mail Address.
- To save the new record and add another new family, click Save/Add Another Family.
- To save the new record and then add family members, click Save/Add Family Member.
- To save the new record without adding family members or other new families, click Save.